The Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) is a specialised professional qualification that integrates professional practice in business and industry with academic knowledge
This programme seeks to admit business leaders, senior management and rising managers who are motivated to go through formal doctoral training to solve the business problems of their organizations
Experienced practitioners could also choose to make a switch to academia or take up affiliate faculty positions at academic institutions
The DBA programme primarily focuses on theories and methodologies related to research and practice, breadth and depth of study, processes as well as best practices in business management environments. Students of this programme will develop business acumens while at the same time, enhance their overall management capabilities.
DBA Programme Facts
- MQA Code: MQA/FA 9063 View from MQA Website
- MOHE Approval Code: N/345/8/1009 (16/3/17-15/3/22)
- Awarding Body: Pole Paris Alternance (PPA)-France View PPA France Website
- Mode of Study: Face-to-Face DBA / Online DBA
- Study Duration:
Face-to-Face DBA-Min 6 Semesters to Max 15 Semesters
Online DBA-Min 24 Months to Max 60 Months
- Class Schedule: One weekend in every six weeks
- Assessment: Assignment, Research, Publications/ Thesis & Viva Voce
Apply Online Now
Why should I study for a DBA?
The MBA is now ubiquitous. The DBA, which is the highest level of academic qualification attainable in business, separates you from the rest
The doctoral degree represents a common currency of excellence globally and is recognised as the highest academic qualification achievable. Companies know that the DBA has given you research, critical thinking, strategic thinking and quantitative evaluation skills which are invaluable for their organisation
Governments, funding bodies and policymakers are increasingly aware of the high profile given to doctoral degrees and to the added value accrued to individual organisations.
What will it do for me?
The DBA is a modern state-of-the-art educational framework. Upon completion of the DBA program, you will be ready to advance your international business career prospects because:
● Having a DBA on the CV is difficult to ignore - the qualification demonstrates the ability to conduct advanced social science in business environments
● The achievement demonstrates that you have the capacity for successful independent learning, complex problem solving, versatility, perseverance, dedication, commitment to excellence and a capacity to ‘go the extra mile’
Having the DBA shows that you can:
● Confidently conduct professional research
● Publish scholarly papers
● Add influential and pivotal value to employing organisations
● Undertake critical organisational management decisions based on well organised research practice
What will I do?
● Comprehensive Research Methodology Course (critical analysis; literature review; publishing your work; quantitative, qualitative & mixed methods methodology; survey design & analysis; reflection; ethical approval and your Detailed Research Proposal).
● Fieldwork (in your own organisation)
● Viva voce examination
Do I get help?
Your study will be supervised throughout by internationally recognised academics. Your main supervisor is a fellow at the University of Oxford.
What will I achieve?
Once your work has been reviewed and accepted by the awarding institution (PPA-Paris) and you have passed the viva voce examination, you will be entitled to use the title ‘Doctor’.